Here is some information about the steps we have taken as a company to address the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As COVID-19 continues to affect our world, we at Polaris Direct want to express our concern and send well wishes to all those who are effected. Our first priority is the health and well being of our employees and their families, our customers, and all those in our supply chain.
In accordance with the OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19, and our current disaster recovery plan, Polaris Direct has developed a preparedness and response plan to address the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Polaris has formally communicated to all employees the importance of preventing exposure and infection among our employees. Currently, we have implemented a Work From Home policy on a rotating basis for certain members of the office staff.
At the plant, we have implemented the following steps for basic infection prevention measures for good hygiene and infection control practices, including:
PREPARING WORKPLACE FOR COVID-19
- Promote frequent and thorough hand washing, to include providing workers, customers, and worksite visitors with a place to wash their hands. If soap and running water are not immediately available, providing alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Encourage workers to stay home if they are sick.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Provide customers and visitors with tissues and trash receptacles.
- If needed, we are prepared to implement flexible worksites (e.g., telecommuting) and flexible work hours (e.g., staggered shifts), to increase the physical distance among employees and between employees.
- Practice social distancing strategies.
- Cancel large work-related meetings or events and non-essential business travel to additional countries, per travel guidance on the CDC website.
- Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
- In addition, we have taken extra measures to do an overall cleaning and disinfecting of our office and manufacturing areas.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY MEASURES
We are fully operational and able to support our customers with our full service offerings. Polaris Direct has a current disaster recovery plan and if there is a need to implement it, we are prepared. Externally, we have reached out to our suppliers to affirm continuity of raw material supply and machine parts, asking each to account for their own contingency plans and provide supply status updates. We have also connected with our disaster recovery partners to confirm continued cooperation under our agreements. We can report that we are well positioned to maintain service levels, deliveries, and support during this challenging pandemic. Our leadership will continue to monitor this situation carefully and follow the guidelines provided by the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO), as appropriate.
Thank you to our customers for your continued business. We feel confident that we are addressing the needs of our Polaris family of employees, suppliers and customers and will update you in the event of any material change to our preparedness. Please accept our sincere wishes for your continued health and safety.